After School Activities
We are pleased to offer an after school Chinese Language Development Program for grades 1-5. It is held after-school in partnership with MindQuest Learning. This is an opportunity for your child to develop basic listening, speaking, reading, and writing abilities in Mandarin Chinese. Your child will be able to:
- Read and write Chinese phonetic symbols (pinyin) with correct tones.
- Understand the basic principles of the formation of Chinese characters.
- Master about forty basic Chinese radicals and write Chinese characters in the correct stroke order.
- Understand short dialogues and passages spoken by native Chinese speakers at a slow speed.
- Comprehend short written texts and passages with the words learned.
Schedule: 2 days/week - Tuesday and Thursday
2:30pm – 2:45pm – Snack (provided by food services)
2:45pm – 3:15pm – Homework help
3:15pm – 4:30pm – Language acquisition
3:00pm – 3:15pm – Snack (provided by food services)
3:15pm – 3:45pm – Homework help
3:45pm – 5:00pm – Language acquisition
This is a tuition based program and cost is $80/month. The class size is limited to 15 students. If you are interested, please contact Mr. Nguyen.