Throughout the school year, McKinley offers a variety of after school activities. Many of these activities are FREE and some do require a fee.
Please check this page periodically as to what activities are available.
Some activities that are constant throughout the year:
Enrichment Program and PreSchool
- Funded by the State and Federal government to assist low income families. Please click the link for more information.
2. Big Brothers, Big Sisters
- Free mentoring program for boys and girls who would benefit from a positive role model. The program is offered after school Tuesdays and Fridays from 3:30pm - 4:30pm. If you would like your child to participate in this program, please pick up an application in the school office or click on the file below to download. You will also find the themes the student will participate in, as well as, one of their main features, Young Storytellers.
3. San Gabriel Community - Free after school tutoring and sports program.
4. After School Mandarin Immersion Classes
We are pleased to offer an after school Chinese Language Development Program for grades 1-5. It is held after-school in partnership with MindQuest Learning. This is an opportunity for your child to develop basic listening, speaking, reading, and writing abilities in Mandarin Chinese. Your child will be able to:
- Read and write Chinese phonetic symbols (pinyin) with correct tones.
- Understand the basic principles of the formation of Chinese characters.
- Master about forty basic Chinese radicals and write Chinese characters in the correct stroke order.
- Understand short dialogues and passages spoken by native Chinese speakers at a slow speed.
- Comprehend short written texts and passages with the words learned.
Schedule: Every Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, now - May 25, 2018.
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
3:00 – 3:10pm – Snacks
3:10 – 3:30pm – Homework Help
3:30 – 4:30pm – Mandarin Immersion
This is a tuition based program and cost is $60/month. The class size is limited to 15 students. If you are interest, please contact Mr. Nguyen.