- After School Sports
S.G. Parks & Rec. for 4th & 5th Grades, Tues. - Fri. 3-5 pm (626-308-2875)
- Art Classes
Multicultural art lessons are offered throughout year. Some topics that are offered are:
- Connecting art with nature, people and ocean conservation with a connection to contemporary artists of Shinnecock nation of Long Island
- Mosaic designs and Geometric art to relate to the Muslim people of the Swahili coast of Africa
- Underwater wilderness designs while learning about the art of Pacita Abad, a Filipina American artist
Self portraits with our favorite animals with a connection to artist Frida Kahlo
- Awards Assemblies
At the end of each trimester, students are recognized for their outstanding achievements.
- Book Fair
PEP holds a Book Fair for students at least 3 times a year.
- Chess Masters
Chess classes taught by Chess Masters. This is an after-school program. Scholarships are available.
- Computer Lab
- Students are given computer instruction in the lab at least 30 minutes per week.
- Library class time for students to read & check out books.
- McKinley Newsletter
- McKinley School puts out news articles every trimester.
- Parent Education Evenings
- Programs throughout the year to teach grade level parents how to deal with Math, Social Studies homework, etc., to help their children.
- Read Across America
- All schools in America to read at the same designated time.
- Reading Buddies
- Upper Grades read to lower grade classroom buddies.
- Student Council
- Upper grade students in the Council handle student affairs.
- Volunteer Recognition
- Volunteers are honored by the school staff.
- Word of the Month
- Students are to learn the meaning of the word of the months: Responsibility, Perseverance, Respect, Generosity, Acceptance, Honesty, Compassion, Friendship, Self-Discipline, and Cooperation.