Hello there, my name is Karen Wente, and I was an Intervention Teacher (or Reading Club Teacher) here at McKinley Elementary the past 2 years. Currently, I am teaching fourth grade in room 24. I received my BA in Sociology from UCR in 2006. I then received my multiple subject credential from CSULA in 2010. I am currently taking professional development courses at La Verne. I am certified in CELDT and ASL. My passion is teaching, and working with children to help them grow and learn.
Here is a breakdown of my teaching career:
- While obtaining my teaching credential, I was a site director at a summer science camp called Destination Science, an intervention/instructional aide through Alhambra Unified, and a substitute through San Gabriel Unified
- Private Tutor grades K-12
- 2nd-3rd grade combo teacher at San Marino Montessori from 2011 - 2013
- Kindergarten teacher for 2 years and 2nd grade teacher for 1 year at Woodcrest School from 2013 - 2016
- Intervention Teacher at McKinley Elementary 2016 - current
My husband, Jonathan, and I have 2 fur babies. We love to travel; our favorite place to go is Maui. On my free time, I love to read, discover new eateries, and be at the beach. My favorite color is pink, and I love feathers. James Patterson, Jodi Picoult, and Nicholas Sparks are my favorite authors; but I love reading a Pete the Cat book.
I am so excited for the 2017-2018 school year, and look forward to meeting the amazing parents and students at McKinley Elementary! Let's have a fantastic year Mustangs!