After School Mandarin Development Classes
In partnership with Mindquest Learning, McKinley Elementary will provide students with an after school tuition-based Chinese language development program. The second language is Mandarin.
Tuition: $250/month or $625 for the 1st 2.5 months (August, September, October). There is a one-time materials fee of $25 (books).
- Increase student academic achievement in the area of reading.
- Increase student achievement on standardized tests.
- Provide students a safe after school environment.
Single Plan for Student Achievement Targets:
- Students will be college and career ready.
- Close the achievement gap
- Students will have an equal opportunity to learn and succeed in a culturally responsive, engaging, and physically and emotionally safe environment
- Students will benefit from improved family and community engagement.
Schedule: Classes begin August 19, 2019, 5 days/week.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday
Grades 1-3 (2:30 -4:30pm)
2:30pm – 2:50pm – Snack (provided by food services)
2:50pm – 3:30pm – Mandarin Immersion
3:30pm – 4:30pm – Mandarin assignment/schoolwork help
Topics: Heritage, Cultural, and Conversational, Writing, and Literature Development
Grades 4-5 (3:00-5:00pm)
3:00pm – 3:20pm – Snack (provided by food services)
3:20pm – 4:20pm – Mandarin Immersion
4:20pm – 5:00pm – Mandarin assignments/schoolwork help
Wednesday: All grades (1st - 5th)
1:30-1:50pm - Snack
1:50-3:30pm - Homework Help
Topics: Mathematics, Writing, Reading Comprehension, Science, Test Preparation, Homework